I’ve started to grow my own this year, so I needed to build a few raised beds. I purchased one from B&Q and then decided to build a cage to stop the birds from eating everything.
I built a simple frame around the raised bed and attached simple pluming tubing to it using plumbing clips. I then clipped some scaffolding netting around the tubing and pinned the netting to the frame.
I did some research into buying a pre-built cage but these go for about £70(!), so being the tight Yorkshire man which I am – I built my own 😉
If anyone else wishes to build a cage for a raised bed, its pretty simple and here the parts you’ll need:-
- Speedfit Plastic Pipe 15mmx2m
- Plastic Pipe Clips 15mm PK20
- Butt Hinge Steel 63mm PK2
- Sawn Treated Softwood 22x47mmx1.8m
- Angle Bracket 51mm PK4 (Optional for strength)